As an accredited CPC (certificate of professional competence) training centre, A1 Tachograph Services Ltd offer a wide range of courses enabling drivers and companies to tailor make their CPC training programme to meet their individual needs.
The pan-European Driver CPC is aimed at improving and then maintaining driving standards as well as improving road safety. With just a few exemptions, all professional drivers driving vehicles of 3.5 tonnes and upwards will be required to complete their first CPC programme by 10th September 2013 in the case of PCV drivers or 10th September 2014 for LGV drivers.
To obtain a CPC, drivers need to complete 35 hours training by those dates and then a further 35 hours in each 5 year period thereafter. There is no requirement to sit exams or tests.
Among the courses offered by A1 are:
- Safe Eco Efficient Driving (SEED)
- Defensive driving techniques
- First Aid
- Health & Safety
- Drivers hour regulations and tachographs
- Safe Loading and Security of Loads
- The Safe Operation and Positioning of the Siding Fifth Wheel
- The Importance of Physical and Mental Awareness, Bridge Strikes and Roll-over Prevention
- Personal Safety and the Safety of others while Operating Refuse Vehicles, Road Sweepers, Gritters and Lorry Loaders.
Further courses will be added to keep drivers up to date with new regulations and legislation.
Drivers and employers can work with A1 to put together a personalised training course that takes into account the individual's existing experience and knowledge base as well as the type of work in which they are engaged.
Courses can be delivered at A1's training centre in Treforest or at an alternative venue to suit the client.
In addition to offering training leading to the driver CPC, A1 offers courses for those wishing to obtain an LGV Transport Manager CPC.